I know this has been done by almost everyone already and super cliché, but I've always wanted to do a self-indulgent "What's In My Bag" type post. I tend to stuff way more than I should in my poor bags. It doesn't help that I don't use a real camera bag for my daily carrying needs so my cameras just get tossed around inappropriately. Let's have a looksee...
• My bag of choice is this lightweight Bottega Veneta hobo. When my camera already weighs a ton, I don't need the bag itself to add too much to that! Plus this leather is just godly (like butter, I tell you) and I seriously find myself stroking it sometimes, heh.
• These days I'm either lugging around the Canon EOS 3 (an incredible film SLR) or the 5Dmkii. The EOS 3 is actually a tad bigger than the already behemoth 5Dmkii. It's currently loaded with some Kodak Portra 400NC (can't wait to finish the roll, as it's my first time using the 400NC!). In my bag, I've got another roll of the Portra and some B/W Tri-X waiting impatiently to be shot.
• The Canon S95 is a little guy that packs some serious punch. I like it especially for party snapshots that need flash and macros of food, but it's really just a great backup for all needs.
• Boring essentials: keys, iPhone (aka another backup camera), earbuds, extra battery for the 5dmkii (god forbid I ever run out of batteries!), lens cap.
• Seriously essential essentials: L'Occitane shea butter hand cream, Smith's Rosebud Salve lip balm, cosmetic case carrying mostly eyedrops and usually my contact lenses in case I need to do a Superman switch out of nerdy office girl, bandaids for blisters or my general clumsiness, a pair of thin and light flats (still need to find some roll-up flats for extra compactness) in case I can't handle the heels I'm probably wearing anymore.
• Others: mirror, Make Up For Ever lipstick (currently toting around either "Satin Nude" or "Satin Rosewood"), wallet (birthday gift from a dear friend :)).
Whew, sorry if this became a TLDR post. I'll have to make sure the next few posts are picture-heavy.
Anyway, happy Friday!